Monday, July 12, 2010

Searching For My Beloved

I awaken today with a "sense" of aloneness. This is not the first day I have felt the "panic" in my soul and felt the darkness as if someone turned off the light. The Holy One has taken me down some dark pathways before, so I know that, true to His Word, He will never leave me nor fosake me.

In any love relationship, desire must be pursued. God pursues me and it is only right that I pursue Him. Song of Songs 3:1-2, "All night long on my bed, I look for the One I love. I looked for Him but did not find Him. I will get up now and go about the city. Through it's streets I will search for the One my heart loves..."

The delight of the "Sacred Romance" is in the assurance that I could never lose the love of my Beloved. Song of Songs 2:16, "My lover is mine and I am His"

Even today, I know that the Holy One moves in mysterious ways and although I am incapable of fully comprehending those ways, I must give my all to following my Beloved.

In the garden of my "Sacred Romance", there are times when the Lord, plays "hide and seek" with me. Suddeenly He disappears for a while and I know that He wants me to search for Him. I know that the search will end when I find Him and there He will share with me yet another "secret" of His Being.

Today, as I begin the search, sadness comes over me as I think of what my Beloved would feel if I refused the game and left Him alone in the garden. What if I got distracted by other things and refued to search for Him. I cannot imagine the hurt it would cost His heart, if He waited and waited for me to find Him and the amazing "secret" He wanted to share, only to discover that I had left the garden and never attemped to search for Him.

So today I search. To my delight (and His), I find Him waiting...and He finds me searching.

What great treasures of wisdom and truth will be unearthed today remains to be seen. What He chooses to share with me is up to Him. But I rest content in the knowledge that we are together, (my Beloved and I), and that nothing "will be able to separate us (me) from the Love of God that is in Christ Jesus our (my) Lord", Rom 8:39.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...