Saturday, July 25, 2026

From Combatant to Observer

The Holy Spirit calls to me this morning. Life has been so hectic and chaotic for months and lives have been forever changed. My blog has sat silent for a long, long time, but the Holy Spirit continues to speak to me each and every morning, so I am trying to return to the discipline of writing and scribing what I hear from Him.  

The dust of the battlefield is finally clearing, and now, I can spend time processing the wisdom and putting the details together in my mind.  All my adult life, I have been engaged in understanding the battle between good and evil and found the call to be a "combatant" in the war against evil.

"Spiritual warfare" was my wheelhouse, and I sought to learn and operate in Divine strategies provided by my Commander-in-Chief according to His Holy Word and in the revelations of His Sovereignty, since the beginning of history and all of time.  

That said, a new season has begun for me and the "calling" has changed.  I have heard the Lord tell me, "My judgement (of evil) will not be postponed. The battle is too big for you; I will take it from here."  At first, I objected, since the battle was familiar to me.  But the Holy Spirit has revealed things I would never have imagined regarding the evil in the world and in our own nation.

Jesus knows me, and my strength along with my weaknesses.  If He says something is too big for me, I know, I must surrender to His assessment.  Thankfully He has brought the understanding of my new "assignment", and it is that of a "watchman".  From combatant to observer, from the "battlefield to the watchtower", I can now see things from a different perspective, and act accordingly.

I pray this blog touches hearts and lives for my Lord, and offers encouragement for those who need it, but at the end of the day, I write and blog for an audience of One, and it is His prerogative to place the journal of my life and thoughts before readers, wherever He so chooses.

My job is to observe and write what I see, not to worry if others agree or have another perspective of what is unfolding as we await the coming of our Lord.  With this as a disclaimer, I pray the reader understands that The Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus, desires intimacy with each one of us and seeks to engage us in a personal relationship with Himself. 

My goal in sharing what the Holy One speaks to me from out of His word, is to encourage each of you who belongs to Jesus, to listen for His voice and what He is speaking to you, because His Word is alive and:   

The Holy Spirit is Calling.  Can you hear Him?   







No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...