Saturday, February 26, 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude

The Holy One calls me this morning. News of a world gone crazy filters into my mind through the TV and other media along with conversations with others who are grieved by what we hear.

Put the world events together with the personal trials I have been facing and the picture can be quite dismal.....

But for GOD....

And the Lord must be factored into each and every detail of what I see unfolding. This is what the Holy Spirit calls to me to discuss this morning in our early time of meeting together.

I have felt the pressure mount up in the details of life trials to the point that I am beginning to feel very much under the rock rather than on the Rock. The volley of enemy arrows has been relentless, spiritually, mentally, physically, relationally, and financially. Discouragement abounds as evil plays it's hand. Expectations fall hard on my mind. It is in the mental trauma of unmet expectation that faith becomes a challenged issue.

As I look at the trail the journey has taken us down, I begin to see that the provisions were always there. Manna appeared when we needed it, but we had hoped for a banquet table.

Today, the Holy One speaks to an attitude that needs to be corrected. He asked me "why do you despise My provisions? You have a pride that needs correction, and a despair that is unwarranted".

As I look back at where I have been to the place I find myself today, I can clearly see how I am guilty as charged.

Phil 4:6-8, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, WITH THANKSGIVING make your requests known to God, and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus".

Thanksgiving and gratitude is the key. To have an attitude of gratitude helps keep us in a humble and peaceful state of mind. We can look at life seeing all the problems, full of despair for what isn't right, or we can ask the Lord to show us His Divine fingerprints often invisible to the naked human eye.

That God has His hand on on our lives is a fact. But as facts can often be overlooked or missed until a light reveals truth, We can go and form a judgement that God has forgotten us or that evil is more powerful than the Creator of all things.

The enemy of our souls is constantly trying to separate us from the Love of our Father in Heaven. It's a mental game filled with lies, deception, and a tweaking of truth.

The Word of God is our standard against all the lies. Has God truly forgotten me? His Word says different. Can we expect trouble in this world? His Word says we will have trouble. But in that trouble, His Word also says we can have His peace.

Today, the Holy Spirit speaks to my troubled mind and says, "a thankful heart is a peaceful heart".

Today I need to look through different eyes and see all there is to be thankful for and about. Right "focus" makes all the difference "in the world". What in the "world" is causing you despair? Look instead to all that is good, noble, praiseworthy, excellent and concentrate on these things.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...