Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Clock Is Ticking

The Holy Spirit calls to me this morning and I "feel" a sense of urgency in my soul. This seems to be a re-occuring theme in my life right now. There is so much in life happening so fast. The clock is ticking, time is wasting, the decisions are needed......fast, and the "window of opportunity" seems to be closing. Or is it?

 The Holy One speaks to slow down my racing mind. I am thankful. A few minutes in His Presence and I re-set my thinking....

He re-sets my thinking. The world and all its whoop-la fades away and it's just "us". I hear Him say, "Be aware of the enemy's trap"

I Peter 5:6-9, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of suffering." 

Persecution takes many forms, but the enemy's goal is to get us to deny our faith. Backsliding can be rightfully described as taking matters into our own hands, refusing to allow God to bring forth His purpose in and through the trials. When we take our eyes off Jesus, our Lord and Master; when we seek to find our own answers and human resolutions, we open the door the devil needs to come in and destroy us. That is in part why the volley of enemy arrows is so fast and furious and relentless. He is baiting us to return fire in our humanity. 

 The devil is no match for Jesus Christ. He is no match for Jesus inside me, but he can easily defeat and conquer the human. His game plan is to bait me into a human reaction, outside of Godly wisdom. He strikes when I am most tired, weary, sick, weak, angry, bitter, frustrated, hopeless or proud. 

 The Holy One tells me to slow down, wait patiently for the Lord and His resolution. "Be still and know that I am God". Refuse to react to the "tyranny of the urgent". God's timetable is eternity and I am to be living according to His timetable. While the human clock is ticking, do I respond in haste or wait upon the Lord? 

 The Holy Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?







 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...