Friday, July 27, 2012

Delegated Authority

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  I am in need of His perspective, always, but today the presence of evil in the world seems suffocating and it's hard to see from my earthbound position.  The World Olympics are underway. Security issues everywhere are surfacing and we all seem so vulnerable in this life.

These times are nothing more than have been prophesied and promised by the One who ultimately controls all things.  So are we just victims of evil while our merciful God and Redeemer just looks on?

God's Word tells us that the Savior, Jesus Christ, came to destroy the devil's work,  I John 3:8.  And Jesus said that because He was going to the Father and going to send the Spirit, we would do greater things than He did while on earth, John 14:12-14.  We were given permission to ask with the promise of answers.

Today the Holy One calls me to our meeting with great news.  He points out to my finite mind a deep and profound truth:  In the Spirit realm every being acknowledges and yields to the pre-eminence of Christ Jesus, the Sovereign King of Kings.  Only in the earth realm does the kind of ignorance and blatant rebellion exist that resists the power of His authority.  And it is because of our ignorance in wielding the scepter of His delegated authority that we, as His servants, live in defeat.

The kingdom of Heaven as well as the kingdom of darkness operates under the structure of authority from least to greatest and all (both kingdom's beings) end up at the Throne of ou God and our King Jesus.

Holiness has a word for me today.  "Take up your authority as delegated to you by the King of all Creation and the darkness must yield.  Stand firm on the Living Word of God and the flaming arrows of the evil one will be extinguished by faith..and extinguished means "can cause you no harm".

I have just passed through the valley of the shadow of death and found I could look into that darkness and fear no evil.  The Lord is my Shepherd.

The Holy One speaks, "now that you know that you know, firsthand, how Jesus conquered death and rendered it impotent in light of eternity, you can better grasp the power and authority of the Heavenly realm."

I now see that the "death spirit" had no power over me.  Even as that physical death touched my life, and I sensed the dark foreboding power that was hoovering, it was unable to claim a victim.  I learned how to wield the scepter of my King against those dark demons set against me and found, to my great relief, that they had to retreat.  The Lord never left my side in those dark days and gave understanding to His promise that He would never leave me nor forsake me.

Today the Holy Spirit brings more light and revelation to the principles that govern Eternity.  Every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.  That is the legacy of our King, and granted to those of who believe on His Name is the duty and privilege to bind evil to that truth.  At the name of Jesus, evil everywhere must bow and yield it's turf.  Wisdom accompanies Truth, and as we search for one we will find the other.

We are called to enforce Christ's Kingdom authority over the darkness we encounter .

Just to make sure that we keep a righteous mindset in the authority we wield, John 10 has been recorded to guide us, and protect us from pride and arrogance in the victories we will experience.  John 10:18,  Jesus replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightening from Heaven, I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy.  Nothing will harm you.  HOWEVER, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you but rejoice that your names are written in Heaven."

I do absolutely rejoice that my name is written in heaven, but I admit to delight in knowing that I have been given authority to overcome all the power of the enemy.  To God be all the Glory forever and ever, Amen.

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...