Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Holy Navigator

The Holy One calls me this morning in the dark and quiet beginning of a new spring day. Celebrations of Passover and the Resurrection of the Savior of the world, Jesus the Christ,  have passed and a new year has begun.

The Holy One has arranged for some very interesting new friends and new experiences and a deeper revelation of Himself.  Each detail of life is very carefully, personally and Sovereignly orchestrated by the One who called time itself into existence.

Sometimes the only thing to be done is to bow at the Throne of Sovereignty with the deepest reverence for the Holy One and there surrender any and all personal agendas that the human mind has the audacity to plot and plan. 

The Holy One listens to my heart.  He speaks gently.  He knows my concerns.  He knows me better than I know myself and now, He asks me to listen to Him:

Isaiah 46:3b-5, "Listen to Me, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth.  Even to your old age and gray hairs, I AM HE.  I AM HE. I am He who will sustain you and I will rescue you."

The greatness of our God spans eternity.  Yet we are so worried about the temporal.  This new season requires an even deeper dependency on the Lord my God.  My "plan" never included being a temporal widow.  I know a little about becoming an eternal bride with all it's symbolism conveyed in God's Word, but when the one hit, the other became that much more relevant to the world that I wake up in each day.

The Holy One has gently led me these 9 months since my temporal husband crossed the finish line of his life journey on earth.  While there are times when the sense of that loss can take my breath away, my Lord's undeniable Presence sustains me just like He promised in His written Word.

All of us are facing challenges today.  There is no life that is perfect or one with all the answers to those deep questions we find ourselves asking.  But what I do know is that the One who places the stars in the Heavens, the One who calls the sun to rise each and every morning, the One who loves all He created and said, 'It is good", has an eternal plan for each one of us.

What we experience this side of Heaven is, in some way, preparation for what is to come.  Nothing is random in God's economy.  The question for me is, "will I allow the honing of my life (that we call sanctification or being made into His likeness) to go on unimpeded by my will, or my fears or my rejection of opportunities to trust Him at the deepest levels"?

While there is much I do not understand about this life and the events that unfold, I am thankful to know the One who does.  Life is, and can be an exciting adventure when the Holy One is THE Navigator.  He holds the map and the ultimate destination point, and I have chosen to trust Him with the itinerary He Himself has designed for my life journey.  How about you?

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...