Friday, January 10, 2014

Never Judge THE Judge

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  The battles on earth have taken yet another turn.  The blessings of my Lord come as sweet surprises from out of the blue.  Blessings that I never imagined would come; the blessings I had not thought to even ask for, suddenly appear.




Such blessings fill a void and empty place in the bigger picture of life.  The Holy One speaks of His recent blessing, "This is why you must never judge THE Judge".

Way back in the beginning of each trial I have gone though, there were days and times when all I could see was the confusion and chaos, that had no rhyme or reason for the suffering I was experiencing, in my opinion. I always knew the Lord could have stopped it but He didn't.  In those moments, it is the human temptation to judge God, if I am being completely honest from my heart with Him.

In the working out of His plans and purposes, the reputation of our God comes to places of unholy judgement from His created.  Thankfully nothing stops His work in our lives, not even our whiny voices that declare, "but that's so unfair".

I have buckled so many times during my life trials in the trust department of my relationship with my Lord. He has said at various times, "I know you trust My Will but do you trust My ways?"  The two are very different, when I stop to really think about it.  One is ultimate and the other is circumstantial.

I understand why the Children of Israel were told to build altars at the places of God's Divine intervention and victories.  They were to be reminders of God's past faithfulness inspire trust in Him for the current situations that seemed so out of control.

Today is a day of processing all the Lord has done in this life trial, putting the pieces in their proper place, and to celebrate the picture it reveals of the Lord's ultimate plan, which is always for our best.

The Holy One takes me back to Job's life yet again, for a deeper understanding of his internals that were not much different than mine.  Job's answer to God's powerful revelation of Himself reflects his heart.  Job 42:1-3, "I know that You can do all things; no plan of Yours can be thwarted.  You asked, "who is this that darkens My counsel without knowledge?"  Surely, I spoke of things I did not understand. Things too wonderful for me to know."

While Job did not outwardly judge the Lord, I sense that in his heart of hearts, he questioned and there were thoughts of "judging the Judge" for the outward circumstances he was suffering.

When God chose to speak, all error was corrected, and Job's suffering was seen through another lens.  Job was a man changed for the better and the legacy of his encounter with Holiness is the testimony we read about in the book that bears his name.

The hope of Job's life is our hope.  The certainty of God's Sovereignty and faithful love is for us.  It is a mistake for us to "judge THE Judge" as we move through the earth realm and experience the trials He permits to touch our lives until the last piece of each puzzle is set into place.

Since trials on earth are either, just a part of the Salvation experience or the Sanctification process, we must learn to withhold judgement until all the pieces are put into place.

There is nothing quite like the sudden appearance of sweet but unexpected blessings to remind me to "never judge The Judge".  He is Sovereign and always works to the good for all who are called by His Name.

The Holy Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?  

  

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...