Wednesday, February 26, 2014

God Fulfills His Word

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  My early class is ready to begin and I cannot wait to grab my notebook and my pen to record another lesson from the Holy One.

Truth is like an intricate design, one strand leads to another and that leads to another and a beautiful mosaic is being revealed before my eyes.  I want to know truth, nothing but truth, and the Holy Spirit within guides me to my goal.

God's Word is true.  My belief in that fact is foundational to possessing the wisdom and blessings contained therein.  My verse and promise for 2014 comes out of Isaiah 55:8-13.  The Holy One takes me to these verses each day as a reminder and place to focus on the challenges I face and the reasons to be thankful day by day.

The Lord speaks His Truth to all of us.  Over all the generations,  His Word and His wisdom is available for any who would seek His face.  Life with the Lord is like being on an exciting scavenger hunt or on a profound archaeological expedition. There is so much to find and unearth as we journey with Jesus. He knows where all the priceless things in creation have been hidden for us to discover and longs for us to care enough to look for them. 

Relationship is where all the good things in life are shared and relationship with God is no different, except that God is so infinite in his being that we will never get past the mystery of Who He is.

Day by day, new facets of His Being are opened up to the enquiring heart where worship of Him is our only response.  Today the Holy One blows all my circuits with the truth about "prayer".

Knowing what I know about my Lord causes me to ask deep questions so I can try to understand His mysterious ways.  I wonder about so many things and when I wonder, I ask.  My questions don't always get immediate answers, but eventually my understanding grows and I guess we could call that a form of spiritual maturity.

While none of us ever arrives at the station called, "I-know-all-about-God", we are given measures of truth to be applied in understanding the One who is known as the "Great I AM", all along our earthly journey. 

Today the Holy One takes me back to His lesson on prayer.  His voice speaks into my thoughts, "God will fulfill His Word.  Pray the Word and you will see amazing answers".

Sometimes the most powerful lessons are the slowest ones to be learned. But since God operates on an eternal timetable, what is fast or slow to me must be dismissed as just part of the process and not a hard line analysis of my great wit and wisdom activated or God's plan and purpose derailed.

Praying God's word is a principle of intercession and seeing Divine intervention by  God's powerful Hand.  God's Word is His will.  We can say that, yet not read the Bible with the discipline and determination to actually figure it out.  Today the Holy One directs me back to that powerful truth.

Isaiah 55:11, "So is my word, (declares the Lord) it will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it". 

When we pray according to the Word of God, He promises to fulfill it.  By way of an example, when His word exhorts me to pray for the peace and prosperity of the land of exile (and we do live here in the land of exile since Heaven is our home) because, "if it prospers you too will prosper", I am assured that God will fulfill His Word to me.  Jeremiah 29:7 

I can pray for my own peace and prosperity and not experience it because I am not praying for the peace and prosperity of the rest of the land.  I may miss the ultimate blessing because I pray once by His Word but then give up trusting in His timing.  Divine health and Divine healing is no different. 

Many have said that asking more than once for what we need or desire is an indication of faithlessness but the parable of the persistent widow tells me otherwise.  Also when Jesus says that we are to ask seek and knock the idea is to persevere and do not give up asking seeking and knocking, believing in the truth that God is about the business of fulfilling His own Word.

Anchoring to this basic principle that God will always fulfill His Word, I can see that His Glory and His renown will flow into the world as we declare that He and His Word are the source of all the good things we possess.   The truth is no secret and all can enjoy the inheritance of His Blessings.  But do even His own people grasp and operate in this amazing truth?

The fact that we pray is not the reason for His answers in and of itself.  The fact that we can petition the God of all Creation to fulfill His Word and His promises, is the reason for the answers that come.  THAT is the point and to the world the reason we can give God all the Glory.  He will fulfill His Word. 

As a believer in Jesus the One True God, and in the written Word He has given to us, I see how vital it is to pray His Word.  The testimony that comes when we point to His written promises fulfilled stands alone.  The Glory is His. 

If we take claim to victory and answers because we offer up our own private prayers the world can get confused since they are not privy to our fine sounding words or even our desperate cries.  But point their eyes to the answers as God's Word fulfilled and the Glory and Honor due Him is spontaneously given.

Those of us who have trusted in Christ as our Savior and bridge back to the Garden and relationship with our Creator, are the only ones who can access His promises.

If we as His Body miss this great opportunity and privilege to pray His Word and receive His answers, all that is our inheritance here remains unclaimed.   More than answering our prayers, God is about fulfilling His Word.

Today is the day to pray:

Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

God's Word is His will.  How about we simply ask him to fulfill it?

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?     

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...