Saturday, February 8, 2014

God's Benevolent Hand Of Blessing

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  The dawn of a new day is like a promise from Our Creator.  I cherish His promises and there is one I am drawn often in the morning when my conscious mind comes out of slumber.

It stands as an outrageous promise for all that the human mind can fathom from the Hand of Sovereignty. Isaiah 55:8-11 NIV
:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord.  As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and snow come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that It yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is My word that goes forth from My mouth:  It will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

This great promise begins with the truth of our humanity: that we are  incapable of completely comprehending the will and ways and thoughts of our Creator God.  Then the words speak of the natural to reveal the spiritual.  In the cycle of our provision, rain and snow come down from heaven to water the earth for the purpose of providing what mankind needs:  seed for the sower and bread for the eater. 

The verses given, reveal the cycle of God's benevolent provision whereby He draws us into the comparison. "So is My Word that goes out from My mouth".  God's Word is the provision we need just like the rain is what the earth needs to flourish, and both relate to our needs being met. 

The Word of God is empowered by God Himself.  John 1:1 says, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning".  The "Word" we read on to find out is Jesus, the Son of God, born of a woman so humanity could see and get to know God in a flesh form. 

Jesus wrapped Himself in flesh for our benefit, and walked the earth among His Creation like He walked with Adam and Eve in the cool of the morning back in the Garden of Eden.  With Jesus, came the visual that humanity needed to recognize and feel the ultimate love of the Creator for His beloved creation called "man".

Jesus, the Word, was sent forth from Heaven like the rain and snow to accomplish God's set purpose.  In the person of Christ Jesus, that set purpose was the restoration of relationship between God and man.  His death on the Cross paid the price required in order to be restored to fellowship with the One True Creator God after the fall of man.

Jesus is the seed for the sower and the bread for the eater. He is the manna in the spiritual wilderness; the provision of what (Who) we need in order to thrive and be satisfied even in our life journey here on earth, that will one day morph into an unbelievable eternity.

"But wait there's more"
, I hear the voice of the Holy One say. "My Word is My will and My promises are for you today".  The love of the Creator is concerned about all the details of my temporal life today and not just for my future eternity.

The life and power of Jesus did not end 2000 years ago.  He is alive and present today in the Person of the Holy Spirit and works His powerful authority in and through the people who are called by His Name.

Looking back to His earth life, I see the goodness Jesus brought to every life that was opened to Him.  He said He didn't come to judge the world.  He said He came to show us the love of the Father.  He came to be a visual model for life under the Divine benediction of healing, provision, rescue, and restoration.  He came to answer the deepest questions of humanity about God, since the relationship with the Creator was lost:

What is the Creator like?
Who is He really?   
What can I know about Him?
Does He care about me?
Am I a part of a bigger plan?
Will He help me when I need help?
When I die, what then?

All the deep questions about life and our existence and our future eternity were answered through the life, death and resurrection of the Son of God, as written in the Word of God, and as provided by His indwelling Holy Spirit of Truth. 

Then, as if our assurance of eternal life to be spent with the Source of all life is not enough to satisfy us, the Holy one also speaks to the grumpy side of our humanity:

We say, "Well, that's wonderful for a future day in time and I am thankful for my fire insurance, but I have bills to pay and a family to feed and a temporal life that gets harder by the day."

Thoughts of the sweet by and by can get spoiled by the bitter day to day.  But is this the life we must resign ourselves to live?

Not according to God's plan. 

Life on this planet in a flesh body, demands provision.   Needs are a reality of this life.  But, since the Word of God is alive and active and provisionally like the rain and snow, God's word contains promises of His provision if we will but look for them.

Isaiah 55:12, "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace".

God through Christ, cancelled every curse and is able and willing to fulfill every promise.  It is therefore a tragedy how many of those who are saved are estranged from the very life of blessing that our salvation guarantees and that the Word of our Savior promises can be ours.

Ignorance is not bliss.  Ignorance robs us of what can be ours, due to our failure to take claim to that which is promised in the Word. An unclaimed inheritance is no inheritance.

The Holy One has made His point to me today:  His Word, (all of it) will not return to Him without accomplishing the purpose for which He sent it.   For me, all His promises are "yes, and amen".  I take claim to all the goodness and mercy that is mine and modelled by Jesus, when He came to show us the Father.

My eternity is with the Author of life.  My temporal is with the Creator of the Heavens, the earth and everything in them.  Every good and perfect gift is mine to claim and experience under His benevolent hand of blessing.
 
Today I will read His Word with delight and thanksgiving to see what awesome things He is sending my way.

The Holy Spirit is calling.  Can you hear him? 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...