Saturday, February 21, 2015

Never Forsaken***

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  Life has changed in ways I never asked for and brought situations I never thought I would ever have to face. I have come to realize there is always "one more thing" that He sees must need to be challenged in my faith walk, and after so many of the  "one more thing"  I see that where holiness is concerned we will never arrive at perfection here on earth.

The years of running on the flat lands has brought me to mountains where my faith walk has become a climb. The Holy One speaks as I find footing for my next step.  "I've got you.  Look to My Word".  He directs me back to my favorites verses as the years have passed so fast.

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He.  I am He who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you.  I will sustain you and I will rescue you"  Isaiah 46:4 NIV

As Jesus was returning to His rightful place at the right hand of all power and authority and back to the One He told us to call "Our Father",  He said, "All authority has been given to Me, therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age".

And again He speaks through Hebrews 13:5-6, "Be content with what you have because God has said "Never will I leave you.  Never will I forsake you", so we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid".

His compassion for my inexcusable weakness is like a warm emotional blanket to my soul.  Days like today remind me that He is my strong tower no matter how steep the faith climb becomes.

The pain of circumstances I feel as so heavy is laced in the lies of the enemy.  He tries to convince me in my thoughts that the Lord is absent in my trial and I am left to face it alone.  Nothing could be further from the truth, but unless I recall, remember and counter the threat with God's Word and His promises the lies will oppress me and the pain will overwhelm me.

I am beginning to grasp that something so important is being worked in me as I struggle to find my footing that my Lord sees fit to risk appearing absent for a little while. 

The eruption of different and difficult things calls us to attend to and remember what life here is all about:  To seek and find relationship with the One who was sent to save us from the hell of an eternity without our Creator God and then to move us on to trust Him in our lives here on earth.  These are the beginning steps into our ultimate outrageous love relationship with the One who calls us to spend all eternity with Him.  

It is an easy thing to say we trust Him for eternity since that is a "test" of our faith in a future day.  But to trust Him in each situation we face here on earth represents a lot of trust tests in the here and now. 

My greatest desire is to see my Lord smile;  to hear Him one day say, "Well done My good and faithful servant".

I am beginning to understand that meeting the challenges with the confidence that He is always with me just like He promises in His Word pleases Him.  To live in the trust place knowing that He is faithful and will never leave me nor forsake me brings Him delight. 

I think I can even see Him smiling in the shadows.

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...