Saturday, March 7, 2015

Walk Steady***

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  I love my FB family!  I cherish those I can connect with and I am thankful for the place where I can get a glimpse into their world and bring them into mine.

We are connected by a black cord and when that fails, wonder of wonders, there is this thing they call WiFi, a signal invisible to the eye that maintains the network between us....Just like the Holy Spirit maintains the invisible  network between me and my Lord Jesus.  

I love sharing life with others and the knowledge of the Lord is the essence of life. 

Facebook is an interesting phenomena for the facilitation of our human relationships.  A social link that allows our joys and sorrow to be shared as they are being experienced.  We can post our opinions and press our passions.  But the network is a place where we can also pass along our prayers to brothers and sisters in the realm.

There are always postings of a range of emotional issues and they provoke a range of emotional responses from my heart as friends and distant family members share what is touching their lives.     

The Holy One speaks to my potential pendulum swing this morning,  Walk steady, process what you hear and read in light of Eternity and remember My grace is sufficient for all circumstances. 

This is a reminder of what He spoke to Paul in 
2 Corinth 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I have come to realize that God's grace is truly visible in the rear view mirror.  When we go through hard times nothing seems to offset the difficulty of putting one foot in front of the other. 

While we feel the weight of the burden we can wonder, "Where is God" in the moment of our weakness. But somehow we make it to the other side of the valley and from there we look back and see the grace that got us through.

The trials of life can hit us hard an fast and sometimes last for a long time before resolution comes.  From an earthbound perspective, it is difficult to see any point or purpose and this is where faith is most critical.  

Our God and Savior is Sovereign.  He acts with absolute authority.  He needs no permission for what He permits to touch our lives. The enemy tempts us to fear His Sovereignty,  yet as we go and grow with Him we see His unconditional love and how His mercy  protects us at all times.  

Fear has been a life long struggle and an antagonist to my faith.  It comes knocking at my door at any time day or night to see if I will open up to its doom laced threats.  That spirit of fear sends ripples to even the peaceful calm moments with promises of an attack, if not now then surely on another day.  

I have learned that fear within is sin and agreeing with the threats the spirit of fear poses, provides an open door for my faith to get compromised. Fear is a flesh sin that oddly enough does not offer any flesh perks. Fear is a challenge to my faith walk and is to be confessed and then conquered with my Team Captain and indwelling Holy Spirit.

His wisdom today exhorts me to "Walk steady" and with a reminder of His eternal purpose and His grace. 

In times past the mention of His grace being sufficient opened the vault to all kinds of fear threats.  I would begin to wonder what horrible thing  was going to present itself as a situation whereby I would need grace?  I would put on my holy crash helmet and buckle up then wait to see what tsunami was heading my way.

But today the directive to "walk steady" brings a sweet peace and no fear as I prepare to draw near and listen to my Heavenly Counselor and friend.

I am slowly learning to look at this life and its trials in light of eternity, walk steady as I go and to take everything we experience here as having eternal purpose in God's plan and economy. 

To walk steady is to firmly trust that fact and look beyond this life as to how it all might fit together as a form of preparation for our next and eternal life.

This cyber connection of the Internet  presents a real time view of the chaos happening in the world, and at the same time it offers a great opportunity to walk steady amid the confusion and share my relationship with the Prince of Peace, Jesus the Christ.

Prophecy unfolds on the 6:00 news and now on my very own personal FB feed.  Walking steady requires firm footing and firm footing finds its stand on the Word of God.  The Holy One takes me to His Word.

In Luke 12 we are told that at the end of (earth's) time, nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom.  There will be great earthquakes and famines and pestilences  in various places and fearful events and great signs from Heaven will take place.

Mark 13 contains the same words spoken by the Lord about the  conditions that will precede His second coming.  His first coming as God in the flesh was to open the way back to our Creator God that had been closed off due to the fall of man. 

His life, death and resurrection represented the perfect model, the required sacrifice of death for sin and the promise of eternal life in a way that humanity can relate to.  Many did see and testified that the Lord of life is also the risen Conqueror of death.

His second coming will not be obscure or silent but will be visible to all and His Majestic appearance will cause every knee to bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord and God.  All will bow, even His enemies and the unbelievers who have heard of Him yet deny who He is.

The Bible is His love letter to all of us, but if one does not know Him it is like opening someone else's mail.

His warnings to those who believe are to be taken seriously:
 
"Be on your guard"!
"Watch out that no one deceives you"!
"Be alert!"
"Be careful or your heart will be weighed down with dissipation"! (to indulge in pleasure to the point of harming oneself)
"No one knows the day or the hour"!
"Therefore keep watch"!
"What I say to you, I say to everyone, "Watch"! (Mark 13:17)

We are living what appears to be the end times and days of man upon this earth.  Events are stacking up and the contractions  leading to a new birth of a new world are coming closer and closer with greater and greater intensity.

The message is urgent for all to come to the saving knowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord of all, and to make that a personal declaration of faith. God's word exhorts us to "number our days"  since death can come like a thief in the night and at any moment.

The Holy One tells me to "walk steady" and to do that I need to lean on Him every day and in every way.  I can rejoice with those who are rejoicing in wonderfully blessed days and I can weep with those who are weeping through the hard times of this life.  I can process world events and not be afraid or discouraged but then see and heed His warnings as the day of His return draws near.  

Today He reminds me that regardless of the emotions I feel today I am to walk steady with my Lord and King, trusting that all is well in light of eternity and that His grace will always be sufficient.

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?  
     

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...