Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Lord Is Present With His People

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  As the day of the Lord's return draws near the enemy of our King and Kingdom is pulling out all stops to His reign of end times terror.  The reality of our trials hit heavy yesterday as family members come under siege. 

The Holy One is ever present and reminds me that evil has a voice and uses it to discourage even the "elect".  My Authoritative Counselor speaks, "The enemy is a liar.  Never yield to his lies". 

This morning it was the voice of evil that startled me out of my peaceful sleep, and as the Holy One makes His presence known I cry out that He respond to the voice that has said, "God has abandoned the earth and His people."  A sequence of visuals run through my mind and project images of cyclones, disease, broken hearts and bodies, all the "evidence" that causes many to say "Where is God?"  

The true battlefield of faith is in the mind.  The enemy is a master of deception and his assault takes place and gains the greatest victory in our thoughts  His temptations draw us into those imaginations that feed our flesh desires and starve our spirits of unity with the Lord. The spirit of evil has a voice like the Holy Spirit and we must discern at all times who is speaking.

In John 10:14 the Lord Jesus says, "I am the Good Shepherd, I know My sheep and My sheep know Me."  In this chapter He speaks of His sheep, "who listen to His voice" and as His sheep they, "follow Him because they know His voice".

The more time we spend in His Presence, the more we will come to know and discern His voice from the other voices vying for our attention and most importantly we will be able to discern the Truth of our Lord from the lies of the evil one.

The enemy of our soul is the arch enemy of Heaven's Sovereign, whose goal it is to assassinate God's Holy Character to those who know He exists and to keep those who deny there is a God in the darkness of that lie.

The question of why God allows this has to do with His plan for eternity and the preparation of His Beloved for the Kingdom of Heaven.  Free will has been given all humanity and the purpose for it lies in the choice all must make to either engage in a relationship with the Creator or not.  Heaven is a closed kingdom and only those who by free will and choice desire entrance will be given entrance and then only those who enter by the ONLY gateway available AKA through Jesus will find access.

God's will and His way is narrow by design but all are invited to know the Gate and walk through Him into the Kingdom of Heaven and into the waiting arms of our Father.

Considering all the misrepresentations of God that are present in the world, our anchor to His Word by and through the Holy Spirit is an imperative to the faithful.  Just like the voice that spoke in the watches of the night it carried a misrepresentation of the faithfulness of my God and King. 

There are those who see "God" as one of those mythical Greek ones who send their lightning bolts to earth and then watch as humanity reels,   It makes for good fiction but also distorts the truth about our loving Creator.

If we, as believers, do not cling to the Truth and stand firm in our faith, we too can get sucked into a false and deceptive understanding our of God and Savor.  Evil provides attacks and points to these things as "evidence" that contradicts the existence and true nature of our God.  But God wants to use the same things to strengthen His people in a multitude of ways if not for our days on earth, then for greater things having to do with our eternity.

I understand this and deny him the fruit of those lies.  This morning his tactic has been to suggest that God has abandoned His people until we are evacuated from this realm.  In other words, we are on our own until the sweet by and by.  Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Holy One began today by reminding me that Satan is a liar and I am not to believe him no matter what threat or "evidence he tries to impose or use.  Then He takes me back to His Word and Truth:

Deuteronomy 31:6, "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them for the Lord your God goes with you;  He will never leave you nor forsake you."

Joshua 1:5, "No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life.  As I was with Moses so I will be with you;  I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Hebrews 13:5, "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have because the Lord has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you".  So we can say with confidence "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?"

As I glean from His Holy Scriptures, I understand the command not to fear "them".  "Them" can be people who oppose us but can also be the dark spirits who speak fearsome threats to our mind.  I understand that our victory is confirmed and for our lifetime.  God was with Moses and will always be with us as well.  And from the Hebrews passage, I understand that the Lord is our helper and He is the antidote to any temporal fear due to life's challenges whether they originate out of untoward circumstances in life or man made threats.

We never ever have to worry with the thought that our Lord has abandoned the earth or His people.  We are to be a light in the world just as our Lord is the Light OF the world.   He said that apart from Him we can do nothing.. and yet with Him nothing is impossible.  He is our source and will never stop being our source.

The Truth stands and I choose to believe Him.  I will continue to look for manifestations of His Presence in the trials of our lives. 

I declare the Lord truly is present with His people and the lie of the enemy is dismissed.

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?   


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...