Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Greater Sense of Eternity***

A long many years ago, I was involved in a prayer movement intended to keep our nation and the Body of Christ covered in prayer 24/7 for 365 days a year. The goal was attained through the networking of Chuches who would host and "man" a prayer room for that purpose, in their city, on a rotation basis.

The Body of Christ would volunteer to enter into the prayer room 2 by 2 for an hour around the clock. On one such Saturday, my prayer partner was detained so I came into the Presence of the Lord by myself.

My usual starting place was to ask the Lord how to pray for His people. During this time the Spirit called me to pray very specifically for the Body of Christ. The Lord spoke to my heart through His Holy Spirit to pray that His believers would have a greater sense of Eternity than ever before.

Inquiring minds want to know....therefore I asked the Lord, "Why"? "Why is this so important at this time?" His response to me was recorded in my heart and has been re-played over and over in my mind:

"Throughout the history of man's days upon the earth, he has lived with the perimeters of birth/death, birth/death, birth/death, generation after generation, year after year. Many count on these perimeters to set the intensity of their Spiritual walk. Many think they will have time to focus on Spiritual matters later, when they get older, after the worldly cares become less intense.

BUT...this is "the" generation who will not taste death but rather who will see the coming of the King of Glory. This is the generation spoken of in Prophesy and they must be ready at any moment for the return of the King and to be translated from life to life."

It was said of the Acts Church that they lived in the expectation of the imminent return of Jesus...."the greater sense of Eternity". It was this expectation that governed their lives. The Acts Church of early believers rocked their world. How would we, the Church of today, live life differently IF we expected the Lord to come back for us, His people today? Tonight? This week?

What would we find important? What would we be willing to do?

Can you hear the Spirit? He is calling.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...