Friday, January 22, 2010

Are You Listening?

Yesterday was such a frustrating day. So much needing to be done on the "project". I just could not make any headway. At the end of 8 hrs of trying to go forward to gain some ground with my computer, I had to leave it in the same place that I started.

The questions and doubts in my mind about the events of yesterday flood my mind this morning. The first questions are, "Holy Spirit, have I grieved You? Are you still here?"

What a relief to hear Him say, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" ( Deut 31:6 and Heb 13:5). What, then, was yesterday's pointless effort all about? I know I am called to serve You in this vision. I thought I was in Your will, so what is wrong?

The closer I get in intimacy with the Spirit, the sooner I realize when He's not talking. If He's not talking, it means that I am not listening! So, I settle myself down for a lesson in perspective.

The Spirit starts talking about pride and unbelief. The enemy has floated the lie that I have "responsibility" without "capability" I have been blessed with the "vision" to see where we are going but if I even begin to think that I am or have to be the engine to take us there, then I am headed for a ditch.

The Holy Spirit pointed to past cycles in my life and I know He wants them to end here. It's the "sin spin" revisited. I must repent for the pride that thinks I can or should be successful in any works independent of the Holy Spirit. He showed me how yesterday was a classic example of the battle with the flesh.

The age old lie when I hit days of what seem like "brick walls", is that "I am a loser ". I don't have the skills to achieve, therefore the vision is hopeless and self-defeat is the result. When the days go well the battle is with the lie that I can do this work...it's natural to me and self-reliance results.

The Spirit is calling to me to seek Him always but especially when the circumstances of life stall the forward motion toward the Father's Will. When I know that He is the source of the vision and the work I feel compelled to accomplish, I must rely completely upon His Grace, His Directives, His Resolutions to the problems I encounter.

To see these brick walls as anything other than the absolute necessity to seek His wisdom and counsel and resolutions just plays into the enemy's hands. The Holy One within has all the answers to all the questions I will ever have. He has all the resources to meet all the needs I will ever have.

When the hours or days of His silence become deafening, will I run back to His counsel to sit quietly at His feet until I can hear His voice?

I expect today to be a better day.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...