Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Missing Link

The Holy Spirit calls me from out of a deep restful sleep. Peaceful sleep is odd with all the stressful things going on in life. But the Lord is faithful to give peace to His beloved even in their sleep.

I marvel at the patience of my God. I stand in awe of how long suffering He is toward my dullness of mind. It is such an impatient world we live in, yet God's timetable is eternity and He seems to be in no rush to cram all my wayward "loose ends" into the beautiful conforming image of my Savior.

The last year has been spent seeking to learn more about the Holy Spirit and His critical role in the Trinity and my life.

He has been my "missing link". He has been to many, the lesser known, more easily overlooked, yet crucial One when it comes to overcoming the world, the flesh and the devil.

I acknowledge the Father as Creator. I acknowledge the Son as Savior, but each one of Them seems to exist outside my being. I see myself come to the Throne. I see myself come to the Cross. Yet there has to be a relationship that ties me to each one of them, otherwise the pull of the sin nature and friendship with the world of evil would rule over me until the day I exhale here and inhale in my Heavenly home.

God's word says, "be Holy because I am Holy". Most of us would say that is "impossible". Yet why would our compassionate Creator set over us a standard we could never meet?

Jesus said, "if you love Me, you will do what I command and I will ask the Father and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever, the Spirit of Truth"....John 14:15-17. And John 16:13, "But when He, the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all truth."

I have to acknowledge that when I fail to seek the Lord with all my heart, I am not pursuing the counsel of the Holy Spirit and in essence failing to have the relationship that links me to the Father through the Son.

The indwelling Spirit has been given as the most amazing gift. We ardently seek the "gifts"of the Holy Spirit but fail to realize that He IS the gift. His Presence IS the blessing. All that He chooses to manifest through my life is just the evidence that HE IS.

The mystery of the Trinity is ever present. But the Holy Spirit is our "Sherlock Holmes". Through His Divine role in our lives, we can see into the mystery and find ourselves knowing Truth and experiencing the power to live Holy lives as Jesus modelled and the Father commands.

May we, this day, unwrap the priceless gift of the Holy Spirit and begin to experience the fullness of who He is.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...