Friday, May 7, 2010

Ask And You Will Receive

The Holy Spirit calls me today to remind me of the amazing privilege according to the promise given by our Lord Jesus before He returned to our Father.

John 14:11-14 "Believe in Me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in Me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things because I am going to the Father and I will do whatever you ask in My name so that the Son may bring glory to the Father, you may ask Me for anything in My name and I will do it!"

The Holy One is calling me to the war and to the victory. In case you didn't know it, the war is raging in these end times. It takes many forms like terrorism and the war on terror, but in reality it is the same battle that has been fought (or not) in every generation since the fall. Good vs evil, light vs dark. We have an arch enemy who is committed to our eternal destruction. We have been given life, breath, a soul and a spirit, when born into this "world" at war.

The real war is taking place beyond our senses of sight and sound, but it radiates none-the-less into our lives and creates an atmosphere to which we respond in our day to day activities. We have a supernatural enemy. It is in every way a supernatural war and involves supernatural beings, but that should not cause us to fear but rather rejoice that we have God appointed protectors and a "heads up" by our Creator through His Word.

Job speaks of the fallen angel, "Satan" as the real source of our trials.
Ephesians 6, tells that our struggle is not against flesh and blood but rather against the rulers and authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the Heavenly realms.

We are told what our "armour" is and what to do: Stand firm, use the "Sword of the Spirit" which is the Word of God and pray.....in the spirit, and on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. And then, there is this amazing promise from our Savior, "Ask Me for anything in My name"

The battle belongs to the Lord, it is His. But it is in our lives and we are involved like it or not. The Spirit spoke to me this morning saying, "The battle has been so Sovereignly arranged for your victory through Christ that you cannot lose unless you give up. Will you take Me at My word and ask so that you may receive?"

What is my reaction to what I see in my world? Do I look around at the circumstances and see any needs? Do I acknowledge the Promises of my Savior and take those things to the "bank" in prayer believing I will receive what I ask?

Do I just walk by the needy and fail to cry out for Divine intervention from Heaven into their situation? I have been given this amazing privilege and promise...If only I will ask.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...