Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waiting For The Lord

The Spirit calls me this morning and speaks to me about the need to wait for Him. There must be something very important about waiting. Something that only waiting for God to act can produce; something that only waiting for God to act, tests.

As I look back to God's Word, all those examples we are told to learn from seem to involve waiting for God to rescue and He always did:

Joseph in prison
Israel in Egyptian slavery
Mary and Martha and Lazarus

and each rescue was spectacular!

Conversely, as I look back over the course of many of my life circumstances, I can see that I was impatient, unwilling to wait for my Lord to rescue and therein made all kinds of bad decisions for self-deliverance with each one ending in disaster.

Psalm 27:14 tells us "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." These days call for more "heart" courage in the Lord than the Church in America has seen needed for a long time.

I have the experience of many thunder storms in my new home state. They can be the most awe inspiring, ear splitting events I have ever experienced, even beyond the earthquakes I have lived through in California.

One thing I have noticed during these thunderstorms is the few seconds delay between the flash of the lightening seen and the shock of powerful thunder felt and heard. The Holy One speaks to me about that pause, that delay and the split second anticipation of His mighty thunder. I know it's coming and there is no place to hide from it's "Heaven shaking" deafening roar.

In the thunder storm, the interlude between lightening and thunder is short and there is no way to become complacent or even ignorant about what is going to happen next; brilliant light followed shortly by a sonic boom that literally rocks my world. I can see the lightening, but it is the thunder that manifests the unbelievable power through my being.

Waiting challenges me almost more than anything else I can think of. I am a resolution person and I do not like the pain of waiting. In those interludes of delay and pause, I just can't wait for my Rescuer, and the temptation to plot and plan for my own deliverance gets intense.

This is the weakness the Spirit is pointing out to me today. He says, "Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait." What He is speaking today is an encouragement in the waiting, and the directive is to be strong in the process.

What is coming will be as majestic as any thunder I have felt, but right now the sequence of delay between the lightening of Revelation and the Thunder of it's power must be spent in heart strength and wondrous anticipation.

Do you have a lightening bolt of revelation? This word is for you; Wait for the thunder and powerful demonstration of the Holy Spirit that will surely rock your world. It's coming.

"Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord"

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...