Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Road to Distinction

The Holy one calls me this morning.  I am deep in thoughts about the times and concerns over what to expect as evil unleashes its final volley of torment into the world.  I hear the Holy One enter into my thoughts and establish our conversation.  He reminds me, "The enemy's  goal is well understood: to destroy the creation that God loves the most I.E. Man."

With all the wisdom of the wise at evil's disposal and now the Internet in full swing with no filters to slow the deception from being dispersed around the world into every generation alive,  people are being separated from truth and into the grip of evil deception in exceedingly great numbers.

For every opportunity to research truth, there are countless open doors leading to deception.  The Holy One quotes the Savior, "Narrow is the way that leads to life", "Broad is the highway that leads to destruction". Matt 7:13.  This generation is more tempted by the broad highway than any other generation to ever live.  In this "end of days" scenario, it is mind boggling as to how many alternatives to the One True God are being offered and how many counterfeit saviors are being followed.

God promised His people persecution for their faith.  But He also gave a promise to make a distinction between those who serve Him and those who do not. 

The Spirit takes me to His Word.  In the book of Malachi, the last book in the Old Testament and from the last Divine words spoken before the first coming of Christ, God said to His people:  Mal 3:14,  "You have said it is futile to serve God.  What did we gain by carrying out His requirements, by going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty.  But now we call the arrogant blessed and certainly evil doers prosper and even those who challenge God escape".

As a follower of Christ, I can relate to that perspective and there are many moments when self-pity follows that line of thinking.  But the Holy One provokes me to read on to vs 16, "Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other and the Lord listened and heard".  "A scroll of remembrance was written in His Presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored His Name."

As the trials intensify and the world becomes a blast furnace of refinement for the Believer, what am I sharing with others?  Does self-pity saturate my conversations?  Do  my words drip with the toxic poison of "poor me"? If so I will most likely miss the promise that follows, "They will be mine when I take up my treasured possession, I will spare them just as in compassion, a man spares the son who serves hm and you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not."

Is this the day and does the Lord want to make a distinction but our testimony of faith speaks of betrayal?  Heb 11:1, says, "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."  The road to distinction is not the easy road.  it is narrow and not just in the belief that Jesus is the only way to Heaven, but also in the boundaries that the Holy Life places us within.

While the world can enjoy all the perks that the compromise of God's commands provides the lost, we have limits on what we can have, or do or think.  Our ultimate reward is being deferred and we are called to be separate.  But we are not called to be morose or joyless or unhappy in our loyalty to the Supreme and Sovereign God of all Creation. We are to rejoice in the Lord, always.

This passage exhorts us and reminds us that there is a day on the calendar for the Lord to set His hand of blessing upon our lives in ways that we and all will see the distinction between those who serve God and those who do not.  God will be glorified as we serve Him whether though our joy filled sacrifice of those things that are not ours to hold, or through the lavish blessings and evidence of his Presence in those provisions while the world does without.  Either way, It is our responsibility to serve Him and rejoice in the process.

The Blessed Presence of the Holy Spirit in my life totally makes up for anything the world has to offer.  As I seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, all the rest that I need will be added unto me....Now that's a distinction......Matt 6:33

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...