Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Eternal Now

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  It's the beginning of a delightful day where peace floods my heart and mind.  Nothing new that is "detectably" different has appeared on the landscape of this life, yet I sense something amazing is in the works. 

The Holy One has been stepping up the pace of this training time.  While the directive is "Wait....Watch...and.....Worship", as I "watch" from my observation deck, I realize more is happening in this "wait" time than when I was so busy in a self-driven fury to take myself to my own goals, and "worship" is the only response I can have to what I now see.

Today, the message is about God's time-table of eternity.  The Holy One speaks,  "You must live today and squeeze out all the opportunity you can find to serve Your Lord".  In Matt 6:25,  Jesus said, "Do not worry about tomorrow".  I am beginning to understand the importance of living life in today.

The Holy Spirit takes me back to an old movie I saw years ago called "Ground Hog Day".  I laugh at how many deep Spiritual lessons I gain from Hollywood without them even knowing it.

For those who never watched the movie, the simple plot line followed a self-centered news reporter on assignment in a small town who was to capture the celebration of "Ground Hog" day.

The man got caught up in a time anomaly where he woke up every morning to the same day on the clock and calendar.  He re-lived exactly every situation in that day over and over again.  At first, he acted out of all his self-centered emotions, but as time went on (not really) but as time repeated each situational opportunity, he slowly changed and became a better person as a result.

While I do not have the luxury of re-living any day knowing the exact events and outcome with the ability to re-act or re-think my self-centeredness, the Holy One speaks to something I can and must factor into each truly "new day"

God said to Moses, "I AM".  That description of Himself is loaded with explanation of the realm beyond our senses.  To grasp the "Presence" of the Creator we have only to embrace the moment we are in.

We can somehow gain a shadowy mental image that God is "Eternal" and has no beginning and no end.    Yet, and as hard as that fact is to comprehend with our human mind, we must stretch to understand our Creator God if we truly want to "know" Him.

The Holy Spirit reminds me that, without Him:  His wisdom, His interpretation, His guidance and His counsel, I would not be able to grasp one iota of the infinite nature of God's Being.

The Sacred Romance with my Lord, Jesus Christ, is and must be the bond that ties me to the Trinity and all that the Eternal Trinity represents.  The Spirit was sent to facilitate that Romance.

Today, the Holy One speaks to me about the "Eternal Now" that each and every day happens to be.  Unlike the man in the movie, we don't get to re-do any day or situation.  Our best hope to live out a victorious life, is to see what is before us, follow the unlimited wisdom of the indwelling Christ and seize every opportunity to do good.

Armed with all the promises of the One who orchestrates and controls our days and times upon the earth, we can and should seize every day and it's circumstances as the opportunity each is:  to fulfill the Lord's Divine purpose for it's existence.

When God says, "I AM", His purpose fills the moment.

When God says, "I AM", His strength meets the challenge.

When God says, "I AM", His presence stops the clock .

To live in the "Eternal Now" slows my mind and enables me to re-focus.  Planning for tomorrow is not a bad thing unless I am using all my wits and wisdom that God wants me to use in today, for things that are not yet here.

God is the great "I AM" and while  He knows the future, He calls me to live in each moment and in each day, seizing the opportunities He ordains to live in and love out His Glorious Will in my "Eternal Now".

I delight in what He has planned for us....today.  And what a great way to begin my "Eternal Now"

The Spirit is calling.  Can you Hear Him?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...