Saturday, November 26, 2011

Salvation and the Sword

The Spirit calls me this morning.  The great "day" of thanksgiving has past, but the need to be thankful is ever present.  My heart and mind are loaded with outside stimulation of emotions firing every cylinder in my engine. 

My heart aches for those I love scattered from coast to coast and continents to islands remote and far away and my heart delights in those near enough to hear their laughter and feel their hugs.  I weep for those we have lost and rejoice for those we have gained.

The  battle rages and there are deep questions that have no answers. 

BUT...the Holy Spirit........calls.

He knows my thoughts.  Do I dwell too much on those we have lost?  Those we are separated from for various reasons?  He speaks to me, "No for that's the Heart of the Savior."

He gently handles my sorrow.  He helps me past the agony of judgements reminding me that Jesus said He did not come to judge the world but to save it. John 12:47

Do I dwell to much on self incrimination about what I might have done differently to keep the peace?  He helps me past all the guilt reminding me that Jesus said He did not come to bring peace but a sword and that sword would divide the closest relationships.  Matt 10:34-37

Salvation and the Sword, what an interesting picture and for some, a conflict.  But as The Holy One continues to guide my thoughts, I know they are completely intertwined and part of His Sovereignty.  The plan of Holiness to bring us back from the dark abyss of the fall.

Why are we left here after our own salvation except to be the unique expressions of Christ to the world that touches our lives.

True believers have felt the Sword.

True believers know what it is to be on the opposite side of salvation and hope.

True believers understand that, absent the Sword of conviction and a sense of division, the need for repentance will not be found and eternal salvation will not happen.  People will die and will  feel conviction and will face ultimate judgement but too late for them to change.  The Sword must do it's work.

Salvation has been offered to all mankind, but it is and always will be a choice.  The Sword of Christ brings all of us to the place of choosing. 

True believers lives are to offer an example of that choosing.

Does my life radiate my choice?  Does Christ though His Holy Spirit in me manifest the separation and consecration of Holiness to the point of creating a conflict with the worldly people around me?

Do I represent Christ and HIS Sword with the testimony of how in humility it worked on me?  The reminder of the Sword of Christ kills my pride....it has to...for I was once an enemy of the Cross and no different than those I judge.

The Sword of Christ will create conflict but it's perfect work will lead us to repentance and thereby to salvation.  May I always remember how it worked on my life and pray for that same perfect work in others.  Salvation and the Sword.

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...