Friday, November 9, 2012

God's Purpose Stands

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  His question to me is one I have  heard Him ask more than once.  "I know you trust My Will, but do you trust My Ways?"

God's Will is exceeding clear for it is written.  God's Word is His Will.  It's His ways, "so much higher" than mine that are hard for me to understand a lot of the time and this is one of those times.

The Holy One reminds me, "God never loses".  My finite mind cannot begin to comprehend the infinite Mind of Holiness, but as He speaks this profound Truth, I know I need to re-calibrate my perspective to align my heart with His.

He takes me back to my familiar friend, the prophet, Isaiah.  As I grow older and feel the effects of my own weakness, the Lord told me to tuck Isaiah 46:8 in my memory banks as an important and powerful comfort.  I go there often.  "Even to your old age and gray hairs, I Am He.  I AM HE, who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you.  I will sustain you and I will rescue you".

God continues to speak to His people:

 "To whom will you compare Me or count Me equal?  To whom will you liken Me that we may be compared?" 

To the president and his extravagant but hollow promises?  To the government so in debt that it will take years of all of us paying "it" to NOT take care of us?  Or how about to the Republican party whose values are most like my own?

I see the "idolatry" begin to emerge.  Placing our hope in anything or anyone but the Lord Himself is like trying to stand on shifting sand, and it boils down to "idolatry". 

Then my eyes catch the point of today's conference.  Isaiah 47:9:

"I Am God and there is no other.  I AM GOD and there is none like Me.  I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times what is still to come.  I say, My purpose will stand and I will do all that I please".

"God never loses."  We may not understand His ways at all times and in every situation, but we can know in our heart that His purpose stands.

For those who cast their vote and are hoping to rely on big government to sustain or rescue them, these will be disappointing times.  Idols are worthless, but maybe that's what Holiness wants us to learn.

I find some kind of poetic justice in the thought that this president will now have 4 years to deal with the huge mess he has made in his governing both here and around the world.  "God's purpose stands."

For those of us who believe and trust in our Savior, Jesus Christ, our lives will be full of Divine opportunities to trust and see that He is good.  Even as the darkness swirls around us, I believe and trust that the Lord will make a distinction between those who serve Him and those who do not.  

Back to Isaiah 40:28-31 for the rest of the story:

"Have you not heard?  The Lord is the Everlasting God,  the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow weary and His understanding who can fathom?  He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall.  But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

And for those struggling with all that the "mess" means for our families, Isaiah 40:11 promises:

"He tends His flock like a Shepherd.  He gathers the young in His arms and carries them close to His heart.  He gently leads those that have young".

The game of life has many innings.
The puzzle of life has many pieces.
The race of life has many miles.

But God is in control of them all.  When He says, "My purpose stands", I must not  question what it looks like from here.  And when He asks me,  "Do you trust My ways?"  May my heart always be quick to say, "Yes Lord, I do".

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...