Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Who's your King?*

I have been journaling my thoughts and conversations with my Lord for years.  I will often look back at previous times in my life when lessons were like bricks used to build up my "faith wall".  

The Lord had His people, Israel built altars at places and times when He provided supernaturally for their rescue or spoke vital instructions for their continued success among the other people groups (nations) of the world. So as not to forget their relationship with Him, He had His people establish visual reminders.  For me, this is the reason I journal.

Life here on earth runs in cycles, where every generation faces it's challenges.  The trials of life are not the same today but similar to the ones previous generations have struggled through. Every one has free will as something we are born with.  I understand the purpose in our free will is that all of us get to choose where we will spend eternity and who we will choose to follow as our leader (s) during our time here on earth.

It's easy to become discouraged when we see poor leadership making decisions that are destructive to our familiar way of life, in what seems to be a toxic agenda to destroy the people Jesus died to save.

However, when you realize how impermanent things are, things become much less compelling to stress over.  We are not defined by any "season" as our identity, nor does it represent a permanent way of life here.  The full realization here is that God rules.  We must trust where the world is heading as Adonai's ultimate plan unfolds.  Faith dictates that our Heavenly Father can (and does) intervene and our true identity is that of the "Child of a King".

As a case in point, I turned back in my journal to a time when I was sure our nation would go down in flames with us in it.  The lesson was a brick in my faith wall and it serves as an important reminder to me today that Yeshua NEVER leaves His throne of ultimate power and authority no matter how much the evil ones lie. 

Here's a page from 2012 and a similar struggle I was having back then with the hope I need for today.        

The Holy One calls me this morning.  News of the 2012 election is front page in these hours just before dawn.  The first thing I saw when I tuned in for the results was a picture of the winner of the election on a newspaper and the headline, "Hail Caesar". 

"How appropriate", my sarcastic side responded, "the people have spoken and chosen their king".

The Holy one speaks, "I am still YOUR King, nothing changes that". 

''But Lord", I begin to argue my talking points about how this was such an opportunity for Holiness to turn back the clock and restore some dignity, integrity and respect for the "one nation under God" that we used to be.  Not to mention, this being a place of liberty and justice for all, a safe place in such a dangerous world.  People will surely misunderstand You now.

His response was cutting, "are you one of them?"

History and now Holiness reminds me that the Messiah did not come to change politics, He came to change hearts.  It is tempting to put that expectation on our Shepherd and get bitter when He doesn't show up that way.

While it is our civic duty to participate in every election that comes and goes, while it is still our privilege to speak of our values and stand when evil is advancing against them, we must not be shocked when the dark world does not agree or lose our Peace when what seems so wrong wins the day.

Our job is to continue to represent the Eternal King.  Our assignment is still to be His light in this dark place, and serve His interest and love for the people He created in His image.

The election is over and that distraction has passed.  Our lives will change as a result, one way or another, but there is such comfort in the fact that The Sovereign God of Eternity is still on His Throne.

For those who call Jesus, "Savior, Shepherd and King", this event changes nothing.  The Good Shepherd still takes care of His sheep and the Eternal King still leads His people.

The message from the Holy One to me is clear.   As we await that glorious day of promise when Jesus will return to usher in The Millennial Reign of Christ, let us not become discouraged or "call the arrogant blessed". 

Words of wisdom and encouragement were written and recorded before the first coming of Christ and the Holy One takes me back to them today.  Discouragement among believers was reaching the ears of Holiness, and God through the prophet Malachi spoke these words:

 "Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard.  A scroll of remembrance was written in His Presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored His Name.  They will be mine, says the Lord Almighty, in the day when I make up my treasured possession.  I will spare them just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him.  And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not".


For all the things that may have been lost to us in this election, the one thing surely gained as we look and move forward, will be the myriad of opportunities to serve God in the land of the living.  We will find more opportunities for Jesus to work through our lives and change hearts for all eternity.

What an incredible time for the Lord to make His distinction, when all the chaos of the world comes crashing down and we, His people, the sheep of His pasture are safe and secure.  Our assignment is still the same no matter who occupies the Oval Office.  We are to represent and serve our Eternal King.

Many challenges face us in these days no matter who is elected to lead us.  Choices still abound and life will go on until God says otherwise.  By the sound of the headline today, the nation has chosen it's king.

In my heart of hearts, I have chosen mine....the Eternal King of Kings..... Jesus Christ....to whom all glory is due.  The only thing left for me to do is serve Him.

The Holy Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?







   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...