Friday, October 15, 2021

The Dark Corridor

The Holy One calls to me this morning.  Earlier than my usual 4 am conference, I am reminded that Yeshua prayed all through some nights in His earthly visit and time spent among His created.

Since 3 am is the time I have come to call the "witching hour", when evil tries to torment me, The Lord speaks to that fear: 

"The enemy comes at this hour to torment you but I will use this time to teach you, so don't be afraid". 

I have recently developed the habit of listening to worship music as my mind comes to attention and prepares to receive all the Lord might want to speak as we get to the sunrise and light of this new day.  

The Jewish day as revealed in the Torah and back at the beginning of time as conveyed in His Word, begins at sundown.  Just as the Spirit of Adonai hovered over the darkness of a world in chaos and brought order, so He brings us out of the darkness into the light of His ordered creation and life. 

Worship is therefore a brilliant way to welcome the Heavenly Light and purpose of the new day.

As I'm going through my playlist of favorite worship, I am drawn back in time to the worship time during the National Day of Prayer when Believers in Yeshua from all over the nation and even Believers from other countries assembled in Washington DC before the 2020 election to cry out to the God of our nation in repentance and beseech Him for Divine intervention as we see our personal and collective sin and make our plea for His forgiveness. 

As I am thinking back to that time and all that has happened since, I hear Him say, 

"That was when you entered into a dark corridor, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  You are in a birthing canal, about to come forth with and in new life." 

Truly, I and so many others are moving through that dark corridor being squeezed and stripped of what represents our flesh comforts and familiarity with the things of this world.  What we hoped and even assumed would be a Divine manifestation of immediate answers and protection from a supernatural enemy and his human agents of a wicked agenda being proposed as our "choice, reality hit us hard in ways that made no sense to our common collective minds.

"Do you trust ME?"   

Humanly speaking, we hate what we cannot control yet we are being asked to put our full dependency upon our Savior here and now not only in a future there and then.  

I understand His great mercy in what He speaks to my heart and the picture He paints in my mind.  Hope comes forth like the sunrise of this new day.  I repent for the impatience and the doubt that follows when being asked to persevere through all the contractions that are now seen as a "birthing process". 

Yeshua's  ancient words come to life from Matthew 24:4-8 (CJB):

"Yeshua replied, "Watch out! Don't let anyone fool you!  For many will come saying,  'I am the messiah!' and they will lead many astray.  You will hear the noise of wars nearby and news of wars far off;  see to it that you don't become frightened.  Such things must happen but the end is yet to come.  For people will fight with each other, nations will fight with each other, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various parts of the world.  All this is but the beginning of the birth-pains". 

There is a command we must follow nestled in His expose of the conditions we find and experience in the corridor, "See to it that you don't become frightened".

The renewing of our mind takes place when we re-place the threats of the evil one we hear in our ear with the powerful Holy Word of Adonai as in Psalm 91 NKJV  Here's some excerpts of this wonderful Psalm:

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High 
shall bide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will SAY of the Lord "He is my refuge and my fortress
My God. in HIM I will trust. 
Under His wings you shall take refuge 
His truth shall be your shield and buckler
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night
Nor of the arrow that flies by day
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness 
A thousand may fall at your right side,
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
and see the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the Lord Who is my refuge,
even the Most High your dwelling place.
No evil will befall you,
nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over you.
Because he has set his love upon ME, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high because he has known MY name.
He shall call upon ME, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will extricate (deliver) him and bring him honor.
I will satisfy him with long life
and show him MY salvation".

The dark corridor is a passage way to new life when seen in the light of Adonai's Word and promises.  But as every birthing experience is personal and unique, we must draw close to the Holy One with calm perseverance to find that wonderful light at the end of the dark corridor we find ourselves in at this moment in time.

The Holy Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?

***Note:  for those who might be word sensitive in our interpretation of these verses, plague is a Biblical word usually in reference to a Divine chastisement like that which we read about in the days of Moses and the Pharaoh of Egypt as opposed to a sickness that IMO may have been unleashed by human agents under the influence of evil celestial beings who hate us.  


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...