Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Amalekite King

Today the nation is is such a state of distress and the Holy Spirit has some things to say to me. The buzz is all about the administration's push for the passing of a bill that will impact our nation and our people for generations to come.

Politics aside, the Spirit warns as only the Holy Spirit can. But the warning has to do with me and my heart not the world outside. Today's call is a more urgent warning because it is the second one on the same issue lately.

The Holy One has been talking to me through the account of King Saul in I Samuel 15:18 and his treatment of the Amalekite King, Agag. To summarize; God told King Saul through the Prophet, Samuel, that he was to attack the Amalekites for what they had done to waylay Israel as they came out of Egypt. This was a Divine Decree that the enemies of God and His people were to be completely destroyed, wiped out, obliterated. Saul was told to spare no one, not even their livestock.

Saul undertook the assignment but made the decision to spare the life of the King of the Amalekites to take him captive and keep the best of the livestock, in direct violation of the Lord's command.

So how does this become a warning to me? The "Amalekite King" is a symbol of things within me that have waylayed my spiritual journey. I.E. sins that have stalled or hindered my forward progress. The Spirit is saying that the things he has been revealing to me as sin in my life must be completely destroyed, annihilated once and for all. Show no mercy...take no prisoners. Saul made the mistake of allowing the King to live under his "control" and in "captivity". In doing so, Saul lost his Godly anointing as King. The same is true of us. If we allow or tolerate personal sin, we too will lose our Godly anointing.

I must guard myself against a similar mistake. The Holy Spirit will provide me with the wisdom to know those things that "King Agag" symbolizes in my life, and then He will give me the power to destroy those things.

With regard to our nation and how this warning ties in; we, the people, God's chosen, must begin to deal with the rebellion in our own hearts so that the Holy One will come and heal our land. The ills that plague our nation are the ills of our individual hearts. The cure, for those who are called by His name, is to repent and turn (completely) and pray:

I Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and forgive their sin and will heal their land." I truly believe that the "land" God promises to heal is not just the nation but also marriages, families, ministries, businesses.

While we often quote this part of I Chronicles 7 we must not stop at VS 14 but we really need to go on to read and listen to VS 19 because herein lies a warning: "BUT, if you turn away from the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them....THEN I will uproot....."

The unheeded warning and the promise of healing ignored, will result in a very dire consequence to our life. In this passage we love to quote, there is a "but" and a consequence should we choose to refuse God's merciful promise of intervention. I can only assume that this is so important in the eyes of the Lord that there is no neutral ground possible as He always acts in my ultimate best "interests".

Oh Holy One, I am all ears. Show me any "Amalekite King" that remains alive in my life ever before You. Give me the courage to slay without mercy any sin that remains and poses a threat to the Godly anointing You have over my life.

May we all seek what the Spirit seeks to reveal in us.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...