Friday, March 12, 2010

Peace

4:00 A.M. comes early these days but when the Holy One speaks who can roll over and refuse to get up?

Today the dialog begins with a question. "If you could reflect any characteristic of Jesus, to the world around you, what would it be?" I am challenged by the question and excited by it at the same time because I have learned that the Holy Spirit's primary goal is to bring Glory to Jesus Christ, the Only begotten Son of God in and through His people. The Holy Spirit is "Christ" in me, the hope of glory. (Col 1:27). This question brings an expectant hope of things to come.

Knowing that the fullness of Christ is present within, by the life of the Holy Spirit, I sense that this is a starting point for a much deeper dive into His manifestation through my life and a greater personal accountability for what happens next. In order for the life of Christ to manifest, the death of self must take place. Knowing this is one thing, surrendering to it is something else. Passion must overrule fear of dying.

I can't help but wonder if this is why the Holy One asks the question and gives me a choice of where we will begin this next critical step toward living the resurrected life of Christ within. His life within arouses our passion. In the same way that Jesus, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, so can I. (Heb 12:2) This passion to see the Life of my Jesus glorified though me is scheduled to keep me going against any pain of the dying to self.

As I ponder the original question, I come to my answer. If I could reflect any characteristic of my Lord to the world around me, it would be His Peace. With the world in such chaos and people facing all the uncertainties of life upon the earth, everyone is in desperate need of "Peace". Jesus said, "My peace I leave with you, My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid".

I want to reflect THAT peace, regardless of what we are going through. The peace that can say, "all is well with my soul". I just envision the Holy Spirit walking into every person's dire circumstances with His penetrating peace.

His Peace that brings a sense of coming resolution:

For the fearful, a sense of courage
For the sick, a sense of healing
For the aged, a sense of youthful vitality restored
For the doubters, a sense of confident hope
For the mentally confused, a sense of clarity of mind
For the victims, a sense of coming rescue

I desire for myself the peace that transcends all understanding and prevails against any threat known to man and so this is the quality in the Life of Jesus I would most desire to reflect to the world around me.

Only by the power of the Holy One can this peace ever effervesce out of my life.

What characteristic of our Savior would you live to reflect?

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...