Monday, March 22, 2010

Deep Calls To Deep

This morning the Spirit calls and the message is "listen in the depths of your soul. My voice bypasses the intellect and calls to what I have placed in your core. If you ignore My voice you will be at risk".

This lesson has been given by Holiness to train me year after year. That "Voice" spoke to me long, long, ago when I was young. I have heard His voice, and now I "know" His voice.

His voice has spoken into the darkness of my circumstances and brought comfort when I needed comfort, courage when I needed courage, knowledge when I needed knowledge, discipline when I needed discipline. His voice has spoken of things not yet visible to me, then confirmed those things I heard in the reality of them "happening".

His voice has been my lifeline in dark places when it was so dark I couldn't see the pathway in front of me. As I moved toward the voice I knew to be His, the darkness gave way to the exit sign and I emerged once again into His light. Deep calls to deep. I have learned to listen, straining to hear that "familiar Voice" to my soul.

People ask "how do you hear God's voice and how do you know it's His?" I can only say, "listen" with your soul. In the desperation of your circumstances, stop running. The Good Shepherd finds you. As His voice speaks, the authority becomes undeniable.

While the Good Shepherd has a unique and creative way to train each one of in the recognition of His voice, one thing is always the same and that is the authority of His Voice. When He speaks, things happen. The enemy would have us think on those things as "coincidence" or luck (whether good or bad), but as we listen and follow His Voice, comfirming signs will always be present.

John 10:27, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow Me." The Palestinian shepherd leads his sheep, he doesn't drive them. Voice recognition is, therefore, very important for the individual shepherd's sheep. They will only follow their personal shepherd.

Can we ignore the voice of our shepherd? Yes, and over the years I have and wound up up on cliffs of peril. The great news is that He always came looking for me and found me before I fell off the cliff. I have had a few "broken legs"; some due to personal clumsiness and some due to a rebellious heart (The Good Shepherd will sometimes break the leg of the wandering sheep, Himself, to prevent further risky adventures).

With the chaos and confusion of the enemy all around us in this fallen world we inhabit, we desperately need to hear and respond to the Voice of our Good Shepherd.

Deep is calling to deep and I must listen deep within my soul to what He is saying, then follow His voice.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...