Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Losing an Hour?

The Spirit calls. The time change has wrecked havoc on the body. My wake up call didn't advance like the clock....I lost an hour.

Time is a precious commodity in my relationship with the Holy One, yet even now He speaks comfort, "I am always here with you, not just in the early morning or late at night but all throughout the day, even as you sleep, I am with you". (Deut 31:8)
"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

As the sun rises and the day of "duty" encroaches, it's good to be reminded that He inhabits the whole of my life not just a few hours just before dawn. Lately, life has been crazy for all of us. I don't need to know the details of your personal story to understand that life has been crazy for you too.

Losing an hour seems to have accelerated the pace of this life. Winter is drawing down. The time change heralds the beginning of spring and springtime brings the delight of new life; the Celebration of the Resurrection of our Lord. The winter of the last year brought many hours of darkness over my heart and now I can anticipate and look forward to the springtime and a renewal.

The Spirit of the Risen, Living Savior has been my constant companion in the dark days of the winter and now He gives the hope that He is bringing renewal, resolution, and revival to things that have appeared to be "dead".

While I fight the loss of this "hour", I begin to realize all that I gain, and it becomes a very easy transition to make. The lost hour is symbolic to me like lost opportunities. But with the promise of resurrected life, I know the Holy One will make up for any time lost on my clock........ for His Will for me and His will for all of us is TIME-LESS.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...