Friday, March 16, 2012

And God Said, "It Is Good"

The Holy One calls me this morning. I am reluctant to open my eyes. What can have changed since yesterday in my world?  As I push past the flesh desire to go back to sleep and just "sit out" this day, the Holy One continues to call me.

Ok, I'm up and evil oppression persists.  The Holy One hears my grumbling thoughts.  It's just another day in "paradise" where darkness covers the land and evil's hand appears everywhere as if this was the way it was intended to be.

Then, the voice of the Holy Spirit speaks.  "Whoa, hold on there, capture those thoughts or your entire day will be off track.  Remember back in the beginning,  when I created...and said it was good?  You are looking through the wrong lens and your vision is tainted."

Not too long ago, I took in a 3D movie  complete with those little glasses I needed to see all the different dimensions in the big screen picture.  The glasses made all the difference in the world.  Without the proper lens, the picture was fuzzy and non-descript, but put on those glasses and in my mind, I was catapulted into the movie itself.

The Holy One says again, "Remember this is a battle, and the battlefield is the human mind.You must take every thought and make it captive to Christ". 

2 Corinth. 10:3,  "For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.  The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world, on the contrary, they have Divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and we take every thought to make it obedient to Christ."

The dark clouds over my thinking begin to dissipate.  The Word brings Light, the Light brings Truth and the Truth brings victory over the darkness.  I re-set my thinking when the Holy One speaks, "I created the world and said It is good. Evil did not create My world.  He can darken your perspective and impact your mind but He cannot change my Goodness or My world.  I said it is "good" and it is.  Look for the good.  Dwell upon whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy and the oppression like the evil one will depart from your mind.

My day looks better already.  I am going to make it my ambition to focus on what is right, and by the power of the Holy Spirit within, change what is "wrong"in my thinking.  For God created our world and said, "It is good".

The Spirit is calling.   Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...