Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Greatest Blessing

The Holy One calls to me in the depths of my unconscious sleep.  "My eye is always on the sparrow, but today I am honing a man".  I hear His voice but what is He saying?

His statement came to answer some of the deepest unspoken questions in my heart and mind.  The Spirit knows my every thought. He knows my entire being, every cell, every hair on my head, every emotion from rage to love.

Who but the Creator of my being can bring an answer before I ask for it, almost before it is formed in my mind?  Because the Holy One knows my heart like no other person will ever know my heart.

The subject of His familiarity with me is so insane.  If He knows my thoughts before them are given over to my words or my actions, then He also knows all my doubts, my fears, even my struggles with unbelief.

I recoil at the "thought" of all He knows, but then He puts me at ease.  " I created you.  I know you.  I love you."  But how can you love all the yuck? I protest.

"The diamond that you are in the rough, only needs My refinement to make you brilliant.  I know you and what lies beneath the surface.  Trust Me to love who I created you to be!"

Worship started to fill my heart for the greatest blessing my humanity can receive, the Indwelling Presence of the Holy One Himself.

How can I ever begin to thank the Father who sent the Son.  How can I ever begin to thank the Son who sent the Holy Spirit? How can I ever begin to thank the Holy Spirit who opened my entire being to the knowledge of the Triune Creator of all, and for the eternal love He has for the one-of-a-kind, unique person of me?

I John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished upon us that we should be called children of God, and that is what we are.  The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.  Dear Friends, we are children of God and what we will be has not yet been made known.  But we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is"

The depth of this Truth is stunning to my mind.  God's DNA lies within me from Creation and conception.  That is the "good" as in God created me and said it is "good".  Like a diamond in the rough, I am being refined and polished by the Holy Spirit who, knowing my true value,  will not give up or relent on His work until I shine from every angle with the brilliance He knows lies within me.

I may grow weary in the process, but the Holy One doesn't.  He is not concerned by my squeals nor put off by my dirt.  While His eye is on all He created around me and the weakest things have His attention, He is honing the "man" He created to bear His image, and will not stop until He is done.

The Spirit is calling.  Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...