Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Our Divine Interpreter

The Holy One calls me this morning, "get up, we have lots to go over today!"

My body feels so heavy trying to find the lamp to light the way out of my bed.  I love the energy of the Holy One and wish I could tap into it first thing.  But then I realize that He neither sleeps nor slumbers so my human body is at a disadvantage.

It takes me a little while to rev up but the Holy One is patient with me. I have a long list of questions for Holiness as I get to know and understand the Trinity, to the extent that my finite mind can capture the infinite...NOT!


But seriously, the sacred romance with the Creator of the universe does bring an insatiable hunger to know Him and the questions about Him just build and build the more I walk with my Beloved.

It has taken me a long time in earth years to even begin to comprehend the mysterious Presence of Holy Spirit in my being.  Now that I am aware of Him, I ponder how am I "neutralizing" His vital ruling Presence over my life.

Jesus said, in John 14 & 16 that He and the Father would send the "Counselor", the "Spirit of Truth" to "live" with us and "be in" us.  The world around us cannot see Him nor know Him and therefore cannot accept Him.

The Holy One explains part of the mystery.  "I am your Interpreter.  The language of Holiness is foreign to the human.  I interpret for you and make God's language understandable."

From the Old testament account of Moses' encounter with Holiness to the book of the end called Revelation and John's vision of Christ's Glory, we have been advised that the human has no capacity to survive an encounter with Holiness.  The Power and Glory of the Divine would utterly destroy a human in our current form, which is why God, the Son took on a flesh body to engage in relationship with the created.

In the same way that the intensity of the Tribune Godhead cannot be charted on a human Richter scale, neither can the deep mysteries of His being be interpreted by the human mind.  We need a translator and we have been given the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Godhead, to lead us into all Truth.   The Truth IS the Great I AM.

God doesn't just speak Truth.  God is Truth. Holiness is Truth.

Today He begins to answer one of my deep questions, "How do I "neutralize" His ruling Presence?"  It starts when I believe a lie, and allow it to stand.   The world around us, who neither sees nor knows Truth and therefore cannot accept Him constantly promotes lies and deception in the language so familiar to our flesh.

The Word of Holiness, the Bible, is the encyclopedia of all Truth.  To think about my thoughts in light of God's Word and commit them to my on board Interpreter empowers the rule of Holiness in and through my  life.

It is within the pages of the Living Word of Truth that the Great Interpreter will shed His light. He will give me understanding and clear up the lies, thus enabling me to trust and obey His ruling Presence.

To know God's Word is to Know God.  The Holy Spirit is our Interpreter and will lead us into all Truth.  Knowledge is the first step in obedience and trust precedes surrender.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...