Sunday, April 4, 2010

He is Risen***

The Spirit calls to me celebrate this day with great joy. The Gospel is eternal life for me. That is truly "great news". For created beings who are hard wired for eternity, the thought of immortality brings comfort to our souls.

Eternal beings born with terminal flesh bodies suffer great distress unless we seek out and find the One who can reconcile the two. Ecc. 3:10-11, "I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in it's time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

When we ponder the life and death of our Savior, as He came to show us the Father then died to pay the price that sin requires, we must not stop there. To many the crucified Christ is the most over powering image we have of our Savior, yet the Gospel doesn't end there. The fullness of the Gospel is the Resurrection and all that the Resurrection from the dead means to the heart and mind of a created being who was never meant to die. Our Creator, Maker, Savior and Lord came to conquer the single greatest threat to our eternal being.....I.E. death.

The early church gave testimony to the Resurrection as the center piece of the Gospel. Hundreds of years later, the death and crucifixion gained emphasis. The fact that Jesus came to die for my sin brings me to humble brokenness, but the fact that He walked out of that tomb and lives brings hope, joy and excitement for life without measure.

I could not conquer death, but my Savior did. The point to me is that, if He conquered death for me then He can also conquer all the other impossible issues of life for me as well.

What element of the Triune Godhead enabled this miraculous Resurrection and restoration of a body that had been tortured, brutalized and crucified? The answer is the very Holy Spirit who dwells within my heart.

The power of the Resurrection is the Power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. He is the One who restored life to the dead body of the Savior and is now in the being of every one who calls Jesus, "Lord". He is the Power in us who overcomes death and enables us to live the Holy Life of Christ to the Glory of the Risen Savior.

Our Savior lives. He has risen from the dead and now sits at the right hand of all Authority. He opened the channel, broke down the wall, tore the veil that separated us from the extravagant, effervescent life we were designed and created to live for all eternity with our indescribable Creator.

Now Jesus has sent forth the very One who restored His life and body in the tomb. The Glory of the Risen Savior has no equal. No other "religious icon" has ever returned from the dead to claim the victory. Our God lives, our God reigns and because we have been the blessed recipients of His eternal life by the power of His Holy Spirit we too will live FOREVER!!!!

My job right now, here on this earth is to live for the glory of my Savior in this place in eternity I now occupy.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...