Friday, April 23, 2010

Why Worry?

The Spirit is calling today. I love the way the Father has orchestrated, arranged, and ordained our existence since before the beginning of creation itself. But still I worry.

Holy One, I hear you say, "Do not worry, Do not fear, Be anxious for nothing" (Matt 6:25) and I have to wonder, "why not?" I was born into a fallen world with a body of flesh and a mind vexed with toxic poison ingested by my ancestors, Adam and Eve, I.E. the knowledge of good and evil. Is it any wonder, then, that I worry, with the knowledge of what there is to fear?

Then the picture begins to unfold. "I have planned for every eventuality the future holds. You wake up every morning with the indwelling Presence of the Holy One, Christ in you, the Hope of glory (Col 1:27). Add to that, you wake up every morning with the loyal Heavenly Host; Celestial angels beyond the human ability to number or count, who have been assigned to your defense and protection in the execution of the Father's Will in your life.(Psalm 91:11 & Heb 1:14) Now tell Me, why do you worry?"

I understand what the Spirit is saying. I am strengthen from within and protected from without. I am in the full wrap of my Father's Sovereignty. He calculated the entire event of the fall well in advance, sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to save me and released the Holy Spirit to indwell me. That takes care of the inward problem. Then, because we have a "super natural" enemy, He sends His created supernatural legions of loyal angels to battle the mutinous ones who are assaulting me.

In light of that Divine picture, I am compelled to say, I really don't know why I should worry. Be anxious for nothing seems like a "no-brainer" if I capture and hold to that picture in my heart and mind.

Victory has been assigned to me and I must enforce it. This is the point of this morning's meeting. The Holy One assures me, "I have not given any directive you cannot obey. I have not asked of you anything I have not equipped you to accomplish. I am with you to deliver you to victory. Trust Me."

But, what if...? I hate the "but, what if's". To begin a sentence with that means I am operating at a level of unbelief, a favorite attack by the enemy. "But what if?", has already been resolved in God's ordained Sovereignty and He has filtered every circumstance that can ever touch my life through fingers of love. Nothing in my life is without His fingerprints of love.

Why worry?

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...