Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Holy Transfusion

The Spirit calls me this morning after Good Friday to take a peek into the tomb on Saturday, where no human eyes, at that moment in history, were allowed to witness what went on.

I always wonder about the "mechanics" of the Holy life of our Lord. I always have the deepest questions and think about those times when Jesus was isolated away from public view. I don't wonder about the specifics of the miracles that were supernatural or how they came to be in the physical, but I do wonder about the dynamics of the Holy Life of the Son of God Incarnate.

The Holy Spirit knows my inquisitive nature, directs my thoughts and provides word pictures that satisfy my desire to know.

I always wondered about the time after the Crucifixion, but before the glorious "find" of that empty tomb. Mysteries too great to fathom, yet is the Holy Spirit willing to fill in a few blanks for me? Like the mystery of the Trinity for one. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit were participating in this eternal plan for our salvation.

While the Son hung on the Cross, the Father spoke from Heaven. While the "Light" of the world was being crucified, darkness covered the land. Upon His physical death, the heavy curtain of the Temple, which represented a barrier of separation between man and the Holy Place of God's Presence was supernaturally torn in two.
(Luke 23:44-46) There was an earthquake. Tombs broke open and Holy people who had died were raised to life. (Matt 27:52)

The Trinity was visibly active on that day. But what about Saturday in the tomb? What was going on? The Holy One gave me a picture to satisfy my curiosity. The picture is one of a Holy Transfusion, where the Spirit of Resurrected Life was replacing the physical blood in the Lord's physical body.

To the human body, the life is in the blood, but also the death is in the blood. The same blood that pumps through our veins to sustain our life, after death becomes the very substance that causes our bodies to decay and break down. While alive, we usually refer to ourselves as "flesh & blood", but when Jesus spoke to the Disciples after His resurrection He said, look I am not a ghost but I am "flesh & bone". That could have been just a reference to His physical visibility but then again?

While I don't understand the physiology of that breakdown, I understand that something must replace the blood to give life to our mortal bodies. I believe that it is the Third Person of the Trinity who wields that power and provides all the elements for resurrection life.

The exciting part about peeking into the tomb and seeing a Holy Transfusion taking place is what that visual means to me. I have the Holy Spirit indwelling me since I received the Lord Jesus as my personal Savior. His life sustaining resurrection power is pulsating through my veins just like my blood. On the day of my translation, He will replace all the corrosive chemicals of death within and
sustain my life for the rest of time.

Right now the Holy Spirit is actively training me to trust His Presence within. I am learning to listen, to follow His directives, surrender my will so that my unity with the Trinity can be complete. The day will come when I will need to trust Him to see me through the dark corridor of the unknown whether by physical death or rapture.

Jesus emerged from the tomb with a Glorified body. A body similar to the one we will all have on the day of our translation. Jesus died that we might have life. He provided the opening through the curtain so we have access to the Father and then He sent The Holy Spirit of Resurrected Life to show us the way.

The indwelling Presence of the Holy Spirit is like receiving a life sustaining Holy transfusion. He has the power to heal us, sustain us, and resurrect us.

Have you received your Holy Transfusion?

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...