Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Maze

Most all of us have a perspective of life. We see life as a puzzle to work, or a race to run or a battle to fight. I have always been the "warrior" type. I have always seen life as a battle with an enemy. Good vs. evil. While I haven't lost that picture in my mind, a while ago the Holy Spirit spoke to me about a "new season" and a different perspective of the battle.

My battles were always fought, in my mind, on horseback, like the ones in mediveal times. Swinging my Sword of the Spirit, cutting off the heads of the evil enemy forces, etc. But a while ago the Spirit told me to trade in my horse for a good set of combat boots. I really didn't like the sound of that because it meant I was going to be in the trenches not able to flee like I have done in the past. He told me to prepare for the battle to become hand-to-hand combat. Little did I know how close to my heart the battle would get.

But true to His knowledge of the future, the battle was close, the fighting was fierce but the Victory was won. Hallelujah.

Today He gives me yet another picture of life. The picture He paints is that life here on earth is like a maze. We enter it at birth and exit it at death and the symbolism of this gives quite an understanding of our desperate need for Him.

Life can be so confusing at times. Just when you think you know what you are supposed to do and think you are headed in a right direction, bam, there's a wall, just like in a maze. There are choices to be made at every corner, right or left. Without the view from the top we simply cannot know when a turn will lead us into a dead end. We don't have any concept about where we are in the "maze". Are we close to the end, half way through or just at the beginning? How many dead ends are there?

Without the wisdom from the mind of One who sees the end from the beginning outside the "maze", we are helpless wanderers not able to even begin to navigate our own way.
I meet fellow travelers in the maze every day. Some are coming from where I have been and others are in a place I have yet to see...but we are all in the maze.

This is where the Spirit of the Lord speaks to comfort my soul. I will never leave you nor forsake you and I will lead you through the corridors of the maze securing you as you go.

Provb 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Failing to seek the wisdom and counsel of the one outside the maze is a huge mistake if I ever want to make sense out of life with all the situations and people I meet each day.

How blessed are we among people that we have the help of the Sovereign God of all Creation who speaks to us, lights the pathway before us and leads us to the quiet springs and even adventures that lies within the maze. The only question is "are we seeking wisdom from the One who sees the end from the beginning?"

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...