Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Feet

Oh how I love the Lord's sense of Humor. Some of the visuals He gives are funny to me. I find myself dull of mind at times and I am so blessed when the Spirit paints a picture to make a point.

The Holy Spirit has been working with me on my "walk" with Him therefore "feet" are the subject of today's early morning meeting. The Spirit reminds me that there is so much work He desires to do through my life. While He is the One who will manifest Himself through me it is up to me to take Him into the world of people around me. I must take the initiative and walk the steps that will take the Holy Spirit where He wants to go.

He wants me to go with "happy feet" willing and even dancing with the privilege and opportunities He will provide to manifest His Presence and Power over the circumstances in other people's lives.

I see myself as that penguin in the movie with "happy feet" taking the Spirit where ever He wants to go in the sheer joy of Who is inside of me just wanting to bust out, in anticipation of what He is going to do next to bless the people I encounter.

Being shy by nature and not bold, the past has been earmarked by reluctant feet. All my body weight dragging against the forward motion of feet that are being asked to go into unfamiliar places.

Today is a new day. Now that I understand that is not me the Spirit wants to place in unfamiliar places but rather Himself. It's about getting to places where the Spirit wants to go among people He wants to manifest blessings toward and I am His vehicle to get there. Understanding this takes the fear out of "performance issues". I am only the vehicle to transport the Holy One to His intended destinations. It is not my "right" to dictate where we go but it is my privilege to watch Him work there.

This may sound like I am "losing" my life but then "whoever loses his life for My sake will find it". Matt 10:39. And then, John 10:10, Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."

What glorious opportunities await those with "Happy Feet" going with the Spirit and finding the full life that only the Lord can give.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...