Thursday, December 17, 2009

Out of Bondage

The Spirit calls and I say, "Speak Lord, your servant is listening."

Today, the thoughts of yesterday's reading of the Word of God flood my mind. Meditating & processing takes time so there are days when the blog must wait for another entry. Not that I didn't hear the Spirit speak yesterday but the Lord unfolds His plans hour by hour in my day and sometimes the Spirit speaks in preparation not just in explanation.

With the U.S. in such a difficult place and the reality that so many of us are suffering losses, the Word is such a comfort to my soul. The government is doing all it can to try to control us and take away our freedom, and I can't help but compare our plight with that of Israel in the days of Egyptian bondage. In those days, each one was indentured to the Pharaoh's "society", slaves assigned to building his empire in exchange for their daily provision.

They were provided just enough to give them the strength to work, but not enough to give them the strength to resist or flee their bondage. Day after day, year after year, the only break being their celebrations of hope that one day the Holy One would set them free and take them to "the land He promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac & Jacob" Gen 50:24.

And the Lord heard their cry of misery.

I delight to read how there was a day on the calendar when God said, "Enough". A day when He would begin to move this nation within a nation out of their cruel bondage to another, better place. The Pharaoh was not prepared to lose all the slaves so he heaped upon them tighter and tighter restrictions, with more and more demands of their time, strength and energy, all in the hopes of breaking their "spirit". But God's Will for His people could not be stopped then and cannot be stopped today. He promised and He delivered.

Exodus 3:7-8

"The Lord said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey."

I just love how the Word of God is relevant to each one of our lives and every generation can find their own situations spoken about and find the solutions to their situations revealed within It's pages. The Holy Spirit shows us, through the Bible, that God IS the same yesterday,today and tomorrow.

Today I find my hope in the account of the Red Sea crossing. The Lord has heard my cry of misery and is on the move. I know I can make the journey out of bondage in confidence that the Lord goes before me and is my rear guard no matter what. I know His Will is to deliver me from anything that holds me in bondage. He hears my cry of misery always and He will part the Red Sea to deliver me from any hand of any Pharaoh.

We each have our "Egypts"and our "Pharoahs". But none is more powerful than the Lord who promises to deliver us from their hand.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...