Friday, November 6, 2009

The Battlefield Of The Mind

Life as a Christian is a battle. We were born into a world at war. Good vs evil, light vs dark..the battle rages all the time.

I have fought many battles and learned some things about spiritual warfare. I know that the enemy uses deception and lies as his primary weapon in this war. I know that the real battlefield is the mind where we seem to be constantly assailed by the lies of evil. I know that the extent and degree to which we believe those lies is the extent and degree to which we live defeated lives.

Sin cycles and failure accompany the unbelief which really translates to the belief in a lie or in a twisting of the Truth.

Seeking wisdom and wondering why I have seen such limited victories in certain areas of my life, the Spirit revealed something I really needed to know: He said, "you know and believe that the battle belongs to the Lord, but you fail to realize that the "battlefield" belongs to Him as well." The battlefield of my mind IS His and He will give victory from this battlefield.

This is called the "renewing" of the mind. The world tells us to "educate" our minds, but the Lord tells us to "renew" our minds. The more we try to fight the battle from the human vantage points and human intelligence, the more the enemy will be able to over power us and defeat us.

In my life, I have to call this idolatry...the worship of knowledge. Romans 12:2, "do not be conformed any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is...His good and perfect will.

Through the renewing of the mind, the enemy cannot set foot onto this battlefield and the "battlefield" then becomes a lauch pad for God's great victory over darkness. We take every thought into captivity for the Lord Jesus Christ.

The renewal begins when we commit our minds to the Lord just as we committed our heart and bodies to Him . The Holy Spirit will then take over the battlefied. John 16:13, "But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all Truth."

Will I renew my mind or just educate it?

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...