Monday, November 23, 2009

Age of Grace*

Seeking wisdom for the circumstances I find myself facing, the Spirit calls. He has been teaching me so much about His desire to manifest His gifts and His fruit through my life. But there are "rocks" in the river and He is in the process of removing them so that His ability to flow through me will not be slowed or hindered.

Today the subject is my judgment over people and the circumstances touching our lives. He told me that this is the Age of Grace. It is His Dispensation not mine and I have no right to make judgements regarding the worthiness of myself or any one else to receive His grace or to meter it out in incremental doses as I see fit. Ouch!

I was raised and steeped in legalism as a child. This stronghold was operational for years and tainted my perspective. It has created what I call the "sin-spin". Almost like a washing machine stuck on the spin cycle; the clothes are clean and the dirty water has been cycled out but the machine won't stop spinning.

I am basically useless in this "sin-spin" not able to exit and return to my original shape, now clean and made Holy. He told me that grace is the end of legalism and the end of the "sin-spin".

In the revelation of Himself, I see that He is both Truth and Grace. I must know both as they are important to each other. Truth identifies sin and Grace forgives it. He is the Spirit of Truth sent into the world to convict us and bring us to repentance, but He is also the Spirit of Grace who forgives us completely once Truth has been received and sin repented for.

Legalism brings judgment of myself and others. While this may be "truth" in the revelation of sin, if I don't accept and apply grace, I am not capable of sharing the Gospel for the Gospel is the "good news" of God's love and forgiveness.

Jesus said, "I did not come to judge the world but to save it" John 12:47. If my Lord came with this mission mandate, how can I operate in any different a manner toward the people He places in my life each day.

I desperately need to be filled with the Spirit who has called for this Dispensation of Grace, in order to well serve Him in these final days when it is so easy to judge and call for God's wrath.The Spirit is willing to take over, stop the "sin spin" and manifest His grace through me. I confess my weakness and I know He will be my strength. The journey with Jesus can be more difficult when we fail to grasp this truth.   I am so thankful for it. 

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...