Wednesday, November 11, 2009

God's Mercy Through Me***

The Spirit calls me to just ponder God's love. When I quote, "God's mercies (compassions) are new every morning" (Lamentations 3:23), I tend to place this quote in the context of encouragement for myself or others going through trials. I have seen it for the "righteous ones", those called according to His purposes, clinging to the hope that all will go well for those of "The"faith.

But today, the Spirit took me into the back room, where I can look at His mercies without the qualifying filter of my "exalted" self worth.

What I see astounds me. It makes me stand in humble awe of the God I serve.

The Spirit showed me how His great mercies extend to all flesh especially to those we classify as "unlovables" There are those people in our lives or who touch our world for a brief moment, who can be defined as "unlovable". Those people whose personalities or character repel us. We avoid them, dismiss them, guard against them and judge them.

Upon greater meditation of His mercies, I see how God continually acts in mercy. God IS mercy. His Spirit is abounding in mercy and not just for the "good guys".

Jesus said, "I did not come to judge the world but to save it." (John 12:47)

As His ambassador, it is my responsibility to act according to His character and commands. If He plainly states that He did not come to judge the world, why do I? If His mercies are new every morning then why do I not extend those mercies?

The Spirit has shown me that the "world" is a prison camp of the enemy. Those of us who know Christ have been rescued and set free. We are called to assist in the rescue of those who are still incarcerated. But if we refuse to be merciful, we are no better than the devils who are guarding them and beating them down.

Since I am a vessel who is to carry the life of Christ into the world around me, I am convicted and compelled to repent and pray: "Abba, forgive me for stopping the flow of your mercy. Open the channel of your mercies, not for me to hold only for myself but to share with the world around me. May I flow with Your great Mercy and Love for the unlovables. May all your ambassadors flow with your great Mercy and Love for the unlovables".

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...