Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Walk With The King

My Pastor exhorts us each Sunday before we leave to go out and "Walk with the King". The Holy Spirit enables us and teaches us how to do it.

This is a process and new lessons are provided for me each morning when the Spirit calls.

Today the Spirit has revealed that my "control freak" mentality leads to striving and the striving leads to disobedience. His convicting Presence leads me to the need to repent for the constant striving in my mind, but His gentle persuasion pushes me on to understand the source.

He spoke to my heart and told me that I am continually striving to find resolutions to problems I encounter in life. While the problems are designed to drive us into His arms, finding their resolution is not to become the focus of my time and energy.

To find resolutions to each and every problem that vexes me is not the Godly purpose in each day or week or month or year. The Godly purpose in each new day is to seek and find fellowship with our Creator, Savior, Lord and King. Resolutions will accompany my walk but they are not be the ultimate purpose or goal.

If I can accept and apply this truth then the problems in life will not be the source of striving, frustration or victimization.

Peace follows obedience. It is interesting how I always thought that this principle applied to "doing" rather than "being". To be in continuous surrender and fellowship to the Lord's Holy Spirit is the place where "doing" and "being" come together. ...and there is where I will find peace.

Once I get past the desperate need for "resolution" and find fellowship with the Spirit in the process, I believe I will be free to "walk with the King" and most likely see the desired resolutions flow.

The Spirit is calling. Can you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...