Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In The Silence

Sometimes the Spirit gives me time to ponder what He has previously spoken. These are the days of silence from the blog.

Not that the Spirit is disengaged or inactive, but rather that His wisdom needs to be processed, applied and tested. Psalm 139:23, "Search me, oh God, and know my heart. Test me and know my anxious thoughts."

It's on these days when the excitement of the journey gives way to the monotony; the visual of the same landscape we seem to have passed by before. And it is here where we cannot help but wonder if we are making any progress at all.

While we would love to live on the mountaintop like Peter. We get the vision there, but at some point in time we must come to realize that the vision was given on the mountain top only to be brought into the valley to be worked and shared.

Will I be willing to come down into the valley to share what I saw? Will I get fearful, distracted, hopeless, anxious? Or will I be faithful to the Lord who gave me the vision?

"These are the days that try men's souls". (Thomas Paine)

The Spirit is calling. Do you hear Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Humanity's Dominion

Lately intercession has called me to remember our role as the immortal image bearers of our Majestic Creator God.  The Holy One calls me to ...